Calling all teacher leaders, program coordinators, and curious learners of all ages! Explore the basics of paper circuitry and paper engineering with this two-part workshop collection from NEXMAP and Chibitronics - Hack Your Notebook Books 1 and 2.
Included in this kit:
- HYN Booklet 1, Illuminate Your Thinking, Working with Paper Circuitry
- HYN Booklet 2, Engineer Your Materials, Working with Pop-up
- 2 x coin cell batteries (3v CR2032)
- 16 ft/5 m copper tape
- 6 x white LED circuit stickers
- 2 x red LED circuit stickers
- 2 x yellow LED circuit stickers
- 2 x blue LED circuit stickers
- 4 x prototyping axial LEDs
- 3 x gumdrop LEDs
- 2 x binder clips
- 8 x conductive fabric patches
Prototyped with the National Writing Project and Chibitronics founder Jie Qi in 2014, expanded and re-issued in 2019 following a NEXMAP Kickstarter, now you can bring these two introductory, passport-sized volumes to your next workshop session, training, or make cycle.
Learn more, find tutorial videos and preview the books at our Hack Your Notebook webpage.
Related links and write-ups:
Paper Circuitry Illuminates ‘Writing as Making’
by Dr. Mia Zamora’son the Connected Learning Alliance
Writing with Light: Western Pennsylvania Writing Project Experiements with Paper Circuitry
University of Pittsburgh, School of Education
Hack Your Notebook: Circuitry mixes with paper in a creative project for 21st century learners
School Library Journal